Health Benefits of Dark Chocolate. The Lazy Susan- A great way to display all that goodness
We discovered there are Health Benefits of Dark Chocolate.
Valentine’s Day is a good excuse to eat chocolate – especially when there are health benefits of dark chocolate. We can't resist good chocolate and this lazy susan covered with dark chocolate doesn’t disappoint. It looks pretty – and nobody can resist spinning the lazy susan to find the exact piece they want.
When I went searching for the health benefits of dark chocolate, I found a lot of information, but what’s even more important is that much of what I found is backed up by real scientific studies.
7 health benefits of dark chocolate:
- Health benefits of dark chocolate #1: Dark chocolate is a legitimate source of antioxidants which helps neutralize free radicals and protect our bodies from their damage.
- Health benefits of dark chocolate #2: Another scientific study, this one completed by Cleveland Clinic, found that the flavanols in dark chocolate may lower blood pressure which is good for overall heart health.
- Health benefits of dark chocolate #3: Still another study showed that cocoa powder lowers cholesterol - and multiple studies have linked cocoa with better cardiovascular health.
- Health benefits of dark chocolate #4: Improves cognitive function. Dark chocolate can boost focus and memory, especially in the elderly, according to The American Institute of Nutrition.
- Health benefits of dark chocolate #5: Makes your skin prettier. The flavanols in dark chocolate can even help protect your skin from sun damage and increase skin density and hydration. Which will make you look better.
- Health benefits of dark chocolate #6: Helps you lose weight. At least one neuroscientist believes eating dark chocolate can cut appetite, helping people lose weight. Plus, researchers from Italy found that dark chocolate consumption can reduce insulin resistance. Eating it discourages insulin spikes that might ultimately lead to insulin resistance and diabetes.
- Health benefits of dark chocolate #7: Loaded with nutrients. A bar containing 70-100% cocoa is a great source of fiber and minerals including iron, magnesium, copper and manganese to name just a few.
Flavanoids, the ingredient that boosts the most health benefits of dark chocolate. Experts recommend 1-2 ounces a day. So yes, the health benefits of dark chocolate are real.
Reap the Health Benefits of dark chocolate.
These studies on the health benefits of dark chocolate all relate to dark chocolate or cocoa powder in its purest form. Look for 70% cocoa or higher to reap the health benefits of dark chocolate. So if it’s milk chocolate you really love, you’re out of luck.
This research on the health benefits of dark chocolate really got me excited. I happen to love dark chocolate. One of the ways I reap the health benefits of dark chocolate is by adding cocoa to my morning smoothy. My husband reaps the health benefits of dark chocolate by adding cocoa to his coffee. How can you reap the health benefits of dark chocolate?
Here in Baltimore, we’re lucky to have lots of great local chocolate makers – most of the chocolate scattered in the picture came from local makers. We love to Shop Local when possible.
The local chocolatiers featured on our Chocoholic Lazy Susan are:
However, you like your dark chocolate – in a cake, bar or tiny slivers – know that those rumors are true. There are actually health benefits of dark chocolate!